Synthrotek Roboto - Vocoder, Pitch Shifter, etc.
Do you desire to have a vocoder, pitch shifter, speak-n-spell effect, vibrato, 8-bit modulator and a bit crusher sounding module all in a lo-fi heavily CV controllable package? Well surprise! we read your mind! The Roboto module is all these and more (and it has a neat Cylon looking graphic that lights up). Check it out!
- Can be in either Robot mode or Pitch mode, but not both. Handy LEDs tell you which mode you're in. The ROBOT button toggles between the two.
- Vibrato toggles on and off. Works in either Robot mode or Pitch mode.
- Robot and Vibrato CV inputs activate those modes (and deactivates in the case of vibrato) upon receiving a gate pulse. Gate pulses in these inputs are just like pushing their corresponding buttons. Expected transition is from 0V to +5V (and back to 0V), but it will handle any voltage within the power supply range without damaging the module. Transition between what is considered "off" and "on" is at approximately 2.3V.
- Rate pot/input control the clock speed in the chip. A CV input of 0-5V will mimic the range of the pot, but voltages outside of this range will push the rate setting further.
- The CV input is mixed with the voltage coming from the pot.
- The pitch pot is used to pitch the audio up or down when in pitch mode. It has 7 zones/pitches; 12:00 is normal pitch, and there are 3 steps up and 3 steps down from there.
- 0-5V fed into the Pitch jack mimic the full travel of the pot (0V is lowest, 5V is highest, normal is ~2.5V). Voltages outside this range are tolerated but won't provide any added functionality.
- The pitch pot is disabled when a plug is inserted into the CV jack.
- Roboto is fun at parties.
- IN LVL adjusts the level of the incoming signal.
- CCW=input signal only
- CW=processed signal only.
- Cool Robot LED indicator.
- Current Draw:
- +12v @ 65mA
- -12v @ 15mA
- +5v @ 0mA
- Depth: 34.5mm (1.36in)
- Comes With:
- Keyed Power Cable.
- 2.5mm and 3mm rack screws.
- Super cool sticker.