Sequential Prophet 12 Limited Edition - 12-Voice Hybrid Digital/Analog Synthesizer
Limited Edition of a Modern Classic
The Prophet 12 LE is a special numbered, limited edition of our acclaimed Prophet 12 Analog/Digital Hybrid synthesizer. It features a custom, arctic white finish with maple end caps, making it a visually striking contrast to the standard Prophet 12.
The Prophet 12 LE will be strictly limited to 100 instruments worldwide and will commemorate the last of these synthesizers that Sequential will create. After that, the Prophet 12 will no longer be available.
Each of the Prophet 12 LE’s voices is composed of a hybrid digital/analog architecture. With 12-voice polyphony, streamlined design, and sophisticated architecture, the Prophet 12 LE is ready to handle any sound you can dream up.
Prophet 12 LE Voice Architecture
The Prophet 12 LE’s hybrid voice has a digital front end followed by an all-analog signal path output. Each voice has four high resolution digital oscillators (plus a sub oscillator), a digital character effects section, a resonant Curtis low-pass filter, a high-pass filter, a tune-able feedback circuit, a four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five-stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a sophisticated arpeggiator, and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations. The Prophet 12 LE is packed with a plethora of sonic potential and power.
The digital oscillators can be amplitude modulated and frequency modulated with either standard or classic DX-style linear FM. They can be freely assigned in whatever operator and modulator configurations you would choose. You can even assign each of the oscillators to modulate LFOs, envelopes, and filters.
The Prophet Controls
The Prophet 12 LE’s sleek and instinctive interface invites full control of the synth. Every parameter is fully programmable and editable from the front panel. The controls are laid out in a coherent and logical fashion allowing quick and precise access in the studio and on stage.
The Prophet 12 LE’s full-sized, five-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch is rugged without sacrificing great feel and playability. Two backlit, smooth and precise pitch and mod wheels are accompanied by two location and pressure sensitive touch sliders. The Prophet 12 LE offers a myriad of controls for creation and performance of its innovative sounds.
Prophet 12 Specifications
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (both standard, and classic, DX-style linear FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- DX-style linear FM
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It’s harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
FEEDBACK AND DELAY
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO’s with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 100 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Arpeggios are editable and saveable
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- MIDI note output
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4″ phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4″ phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Arctic white finish with maple wood end panels and trim
- 38.4″ L x 12.8″ W x 4.15″ H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)