Roland DJ-808 - DJ Controller
THE FIRST AND ONLY INSTRUMENT FOR THE PRODUCER DJ
The DJ-808 is a state-of-the-art DJ controller with a 4-channel mixer, built-in drum sequencing, vocal processing, and the deepest Serato DJ integration available. Going way beyond a typical DJ controller, the DJ-808 is an instrument, with a Roland “TR-S” drum machine that contains the world’s most iconic drum sounds and can even control the Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. The VT Voice Transformer can pitch your voice to match the key of your Serato DJ tracks, while two AIRA Link ports let you connect compatible synths and electronic gadgets, and produce a live remix, with just a simple USB cable. Sound quality is high-end and the hardware is built tough yet easy to carry—ready for inspired sets that push the boundaries of what it means to DJ.
- Built-in Roland TR drum machine with 606, 707, 808, 909 kicks, snares, claps and hi-hats
- Control the Serato Sampler with the TR-S sequencer
- Built-in VT Voice Transformer with Pitch, Formant, Ducking and Serato key matching
- Velocity sensitive RGB color pads for HOT CUE, ROLL, TR, SAMPLER and more
- Large ultra-low-latency platters with integrated displays
- 4 high-quality integrated Channel FX
- Standalone professional 4 channel digital mixer
- Connect external instruments via MIDI or AIRA Link USB and jam along with Serato DJ
- 24bit/96kHz audio fidelity
- Control two decks simultaneously with dual deck mode
- 100mm pitch faders
- Unlocks Serato DJ and comes with a Serato Pitch ‘n Time DJ license
- Connect turntables or CDJs with the purchase of a Serato DVS license
World-class software meets world-class hardware
With the DJ-808, Serato and Roland bring the best of software and hardware together into a single instrument that ushers in a new era of DJ’ing. It melds the supreme power of Serato DJ software with the genre-defining sound and precise engineering of Roland hardware. Decades of combined expertise give today’s producers and DJs state-of-the-art tools and innovative features that open up a new world of creative options, both on stage and in the studio.
Legendary TR drum sounds and sequencing
From the TR-909's unmistakable hi-hats to the wall-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of dance music. Customize your beats on the fly and in the moment using the DJ-808’s built-in TR drum machine with its iconic sounds and 16-step sequencer that stays in perfect sync with Serato DJ.
The integrated TR drum machine contains the Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Hi-Hats and Clap from the TR-808, TR-909, TR-707, and TR-606 drum machines—the rhythmic foundation of a lot of dance music. These sounds use Roland’s acclaimed and award-winning Analog Circuit Behavior, faithfully replicating the original electronic circuitry of these influential rhythm boxes. It means you get all the thump and sizzle of the classic instruments, with dedicated knobs to control tuning, attack, and decay—putting a new twist on these legendary sounds.
In addition to the internal TR drum sounds, the TR-S sequencer can also trigger the new 8-slot Serato Sampler within Serato DJ. You can mix and match individual drum sounds, layer kicks and snares, and build drum parts limited only by your creativity.
Deep Serato DJ control
Careful design considerations in the Roland DJ-808 take full advantage of everything Serato DJ has to offer. Built-in DVS support (with the purchase of a Serato DVS license), dedicated loop control buttons, controls for Serato Flip, HOT CUE, FX, even Key Sync—it is all there. Key Sync and Loop functions get dedicated sections so you can quickly a