Novation Circuit - Groovebox
Start with a beat
Make Circuit your sequencer, synth and sampler. Integrate with your favourite hardware, and develop and perform your productions - switching between drums, basslines and chords.
Let the beat build
A beat is just the beginning of your journey, but the possibilities are endless. Make a drum workflow entirely on Circuit, featuring a four-on-the-floor kick that calls for a sampled snare and hi-hat. The Sample Flip function makes it possible for you to create multisample drum lines on each of Circuit's four drum tracks. Then Drum Micro Steps add instant fills and stutter effects to your beats. J Dilla fans should probably board here.
Add the bassline
Pick a Nova synth patch that’s doing nearly what you want and use the macro knobs to edit. Select the scale. Play a bassline – notes can be added, edited and deleted.
Make your production more fluid
Add steps and automation, and edit each step, giving the beat more feel and groove. Build on the drum samples using Components software.
Remove or bring back tracks and automation, and get a mixed output by balancing sounds and panning them in the stereo field. Choose delay and reverb, slew between the presets and apply them to parts, or kill the effects. Go crazy with effects and use the filter to create a dynamic edge and tension.
Add another synth
Audition and change an additional synth sound. Use the second six-voice polyphonic synth engine to create a chord pattern, choose an octave, and duplicate a chord to different positions in the sequence.
Change the gate length, and put really short notes and musical expression into your sequences using Fractional Gate. Then apply a side-chain to get the synth pumping.
Arrange the production
Add structure to your music by making and changing a chain of eight patterns, mixing up the chords, notes and octave to give variation. Save your creation as one of 32 sessions, and change session to get some fantastic performance arrangements.
Connect with devices
Create audio landscapes by integrating MIDI-compatible outboard processors, synchronising with other drum machines or grooveboxes, or triggering synths. Sync Circuits by using mini-jack cables to easily daisy–chain them together, or add a Circuit Mono Station to open up a world of analogue filtration and distortion.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 32 RGB backlit velocity sensitive button grid
- 28 RGB backlit function buttons
- 8 Continuous pots with RGB indicator LEDs
- Dedicated filter and volume pots
- 1/4" jack sockets for left and right outputs
- Two MIDI sockets (3.5mm jack sockets with MIDI din break-out cables)
- USB socket
- Front-mounted 3.5mm jack socket for headphones
- Integrated speaker
- Rubberised knob caps
- Rotary controls secured to the chassis with metal nuts
- Power supply connector
- Power switch
- Battery compartment for 6x AA batteries (included)
- Kensington Security Slot
- 2 Nova synths
- 4 Part drum machine
- 6 Note polyphonic per synth
- 64 Synth patches
- 64 Drum patches
- 8 Synth macro controls (Control up to 4 parameters with one knob)
- 4 Drum parameter controls (Pitch, Decay, Distortion, Filter)
- Mixer view with levels and mutes
- Master FX with individual track sends
- 16 Delays
- 8 Reverbs
- Sidechain effect (7 types and off). Triggered from Drum 1
- Hi-pass / low-pass master filter
- 32 Sessions
- 6 Tracks per session (2 Synth and 4 Drum)
- 8 Patterns per track (Synth 1, Synth 2, Drum 1&2, Drum 3&4)
- 16 Demo sessions
- Real time record (notes, with velocity and automation)
- Auto-quantise notes to steps and automation to 6 events per step
- 50 Automation parameters (up to 4800 events per pattern)
- Internal tempo range 40 - 240
- External synced tempo range 30 - 300
- Swing 20 - 80%
Real Time Performance
- Full range velocity scanning and record. Editable to 16 levels
- 16 Scale types and chromatic transposition
- Synth expand view doubles playable area
- Drum expand view allows real time drum record
- Octave (input) and pattern octave (edit)
- Pattern length and nudge
- Configurable pattern chain
- Session instant switching and queued switch
- Velocity and gate per step
- Multiple gate lengths per step (via real time record)
- Automation edit per step
- Clear step, automation parameter per pattern, pattern, session
- Duplicate step, pattern
- Ableton Live Lite 9 is included
Circuit will also work as a standard USB-MIDI controller.
- Circuit can be powered using 6x AA batteries or a power supply (both included). It can not be powered via USB
- Maximum power consumption 12V DC 600mA
- 240mm width x 200mm depth x 35mm height
Find Similar Products by Category
Customers also viewed