Mordax DATA - Multifuction Tool for Eurorack White Panel
The Ultimate Eurorack Utility Module (and a whole lot more!) White Panel
The DATA is a digital platform for testing, measurement, and signal generation in Eurorack modular synthesis systems. It is a modular tool kit, with functions applicable to any system and style.
Use the DATA’s scope to view the interactions between your control voltages and audio signals, allowing you to master your modules by understanding their voltage ranges, control shapes, and parameter responses. Use the DATA’s dual waveform generator to dial in a precisely scaled LFO for CV control, or use the waveform’s frequency “note mode” to effortlessly make dyads (two note chords). Use the DATA’s clock program as a master clock or to divide or multiply an incoming clock signal, sending four different clock outs to gate modules directly or as control to sequencers.
The possibilities of the DATA are basically unlimited; with the included microSD you can update the DATA’s firmware and we can continue to refine and create new programs.
The Many Forms of DATA
The DATA ships with the 7 following functions, and there's more to come!
4 Channel Oscilloscope
- Monitor four independent CV or audio channels
- Selectable voltage scale, position, AC/DC coupling, and visibility
- Trigger from any channel, with full scale, user-selectable trigger level
- Time scale ranges from 50µS to 5 seconds per grid square (total range of 600µS to 1 minute of signal across the screen)
- X (time) and Y (voltage) measurement cursors with difference display, allowing for simple measurement and windowing of any input signal
- NEW in Firmware V01.01.00: XY Scope (Lissajous curves) and Minimal Display Mode
- Measure the precise frequency of any of the 4 incoming signals with a large frequency display
- The tuning display shows your distance from the closest note graphically and as a frequency number
- Nearest note is automatically detected and changes while you tune
Voltage Monitor with Quad Voltage & Gate Source
- 4 channel input display with real-time voltage readout, a simple CV scope for low frequency signals
- 4 channel outputs can be CV sources (constant voltages, from +10V to -5V) or manual gate sources, with user defined gate HIGH and gate LOW voltages, with either momentary gate or latched gate behavior.
Dual Waveform Generator
- Two independent digital oscillator channels, with control over frequency, phase, amplitude and offset (wave center)
- Current waveforms: sine, square, saw, triangle, with waveform output display per channel
- Frequency range: > 4kHz down to 0.01Hz, selected per numeral for quick, precise value input
- “Note Mode” frequency selection available independently for either oscillator
- CV assignable control over frequency (1V/Octave - over 8 octaves!) and amplitude (digital VCA)
- Flexible CV control routing; any of the four input jacks can be freely assigned to any destination, with per destination attenuation (percent value)
- NEW in Firmware V01.01.00: Wavefolding Mode
Quad Clock Source with Clock Division, Multiplication & Offset
- “External Sync” or “Internal Clock” modes; use it as a precise and stable master clock, or as a clock processor sync’d to an external clock source
- Quad clock outputs, each can be a ratio of the main clock (internal/external), with 32 different div/mult values available, from /48 (12 measures) up to x48 (128th note triplets), including fractional factors (e.g., x1.3 = dotted 8th note