LZX Industries Prismatic Ray - Analogue Widerange Voltage Controlled Oscillator
Prismatic Ray is the next generation of the LZX Industries analogue widerange Voltage Controlled Oscillator design. With a max frequency range into the megahertz and hard sync input with phase stability, it is uniquely qualified for video synthesis techniques. In many VCO designs, modulation of waveform shape is achieved after the oscillator core, with modulation over output waveshaper circuits. In this design, we place modulation in the core of the oscillator itself, allowing complex summing, linear key generation, multiplication and inversion to affect all the output waveshapes simultaneously. When multiple waveshapes are patched to different color channels, the prismatic nature of this module begins to emerge.
- Coarse & Fine tuning controls for oscillator frequency. Frequency Modulation voltage control input with dedicated level and inversion control.
- AC/DC mode switch on all voltage control inputs allows for wider flexibility when routing control signals.
- Simultaneous Triangle, Square, Sine, Anti-Sine, Exponential and Logarithmic waveshape outputs.
- VCO core multiplier with dedicated level control and voltage control input. High gain amplifier control enables fluid morphs between hard and soft edged waveshapes. In 4 Quadrant mode, the output waveshapes can be inverted under voltage control.
- VCO core bias level control and voltage control input allows control over the relative brightness of all the output waveshapes. With other patterns or video as a modulation source, the bias input allows this module to function as a powerful external slope and key processor for any video signal.
|Dimensions||6 x 4 x 2 in|
1.25 inches (31.75mm)
|+12V Power Consumption||
|-12V Power Consumption||