Intellijel Planar 2 - 3U
- Vector control of two independent sets of outputs: one quadrant-based (outputs A, B, C, D) and one dual-axis based (outputs X and Y).
- X/Y Controller: two-axis CV generator sends either unipolar (0V to +10V) or bipolar (-5V to +5V) signal out the X and Y outputs.
- Four Quadrant Controller: With nothing connected to inputs A-D, outputs A-D become joystick-controlled individual unipolar (0V to +10V) control voltage sources.
- Quad mixing & crossfading: Vector mixing and crossfading of four independent inputs (A, B, C, D) to either individual outputs or the mixed output.
- Quad panning: connect a mono source to Input A and use the joystick to pan it to any of the four outputs. Connect a stereo signal to Inputs A and C and pan it forward and backward in quadraphonic space.
- Quad routing: Send audio to Input A and patch outputs A-D to four different processors (i.e. VCF, wavefolder, delay, etc.), then use the joystick to dynamically route the signal through the different effects.
- Gate Generator: Generate gates either manually (by pressing the Manual Gate button) or automatically whenever the joystick is in motion.
- CV Gesture Recorder: Record joystick motions (including gates) to play back either as 1-shot complex function generators or as looped, LFO-like functions. Start time and length can sync to an external trigger, and punch-in/out recording is supported.
- External CV Inputs: In addition to its built-in joystick, Planar2 has two CV inputs, which allows external CV control of quadrant outputs A-D and axis outputs X/Y. A mode switch alters how CV affects these outputs, allowing for some advanced automation techniques (such as circular and spinning motions) that would otherwise be difficult to automate.
Specs + Downloads
|Power||85mA @ +12V
32mA @ -12V
|Firmware||Mac / Win (v1.01)|