Doepfer A-101-2V Vactrol Lowpass Gate (Vintage Edition)
Module A-101-2 is a descendant of the Buchla 292 LPG. It features both manual and remote control over frequency in low-pass mode, and over amplitude in VCA mode. There is also a bonus dual mode, where the module can be configured as a VCA and VCF simultaneously.
Control-wise, the module features a dedicated attenuator at its audio input—pushing this control above the halfway mark introduces distortion into the signal for appropriately raunchy textures. There's also a resonance control that can be driven to the point of self-oscillation if so desired. Those wishing to produce the classic Buchla bongo tone should set the resonance fully counterclockwise.
- Based on Buchla 292 LPG
- Three modes: VCF, VCA, and VCF + VCA
- Level attenuator yields ample amounts of distortion at higher levels
- Resonance can be pushed to self-oscillation
- Dual gate inputs for additional control options
- Eurorack module
- Width: 8HP
- Depth: 50mm
- Current Draw: 20mA@+12V; 20mA@-12V