Dave Smith Instruments Prophet '08 Desktop - 8-Voice Analog Synthesizer Module
The Prophet Returns—And Fits on Your Desktop
- Full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters—married to a modern feature set.
- Small footprint, huge sound.
- Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance.
- Used as an expander, increases polyphony of another Prophet ’08 to 16 voices.
Prophet ’08 Desktop Module Specifications
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode).
- 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop.
- 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- 4 x 2 modulation matrix with 20 mod sources and 43 mod destinations
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes.
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- 52 knobs and 22 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program.
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch.
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages).
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack.
- Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 600 mA) and operation manual.
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- Dimensions: 3.25″ H X 18.5″ L x 7″ W (8.25 cm x 47 cm x 17.8 cm)
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. (3.86 kg)
- Rack mounted: 4U*