Dave Smith Instruments Mopho - Monophonic Desktop Analog Synthesizer Module
Mopho is a compact and affordable—but powerful—monophonic analog synthesizer. The voice architecture is identical to a single voice of the Prophet '08, but with a couple of unique twists to distinguish it from its award-winning sibling. We have added two sub-octave generators—one per oscillator—for additional girth and crushing basses. It also has an audio input that lets you process external audio and mix Mopho's own audio output back in pre-filter for feedback effects that can range from subtle distortion to extreme skronk. The Push It button is a manual trigger that lets you play a specific note or latch notes and sequences on. It can also step through a sequence to play short melodic lines without a keyboard. Of course, Mopho can also be used with a MIDI controller or external sequencer.
Mopho is fully programmable and all the parameters can be tweaked from the front panel. The four Assignable Parameters controls are assignable per program for optimum performance control. A free editor is available for Mac OS and Windows to facilitate programming. (And, if you already have a Prophet '08, most of Mopho's parameters can be controlled from the Prophet's front panel via MIDI!)
Mopho is perfect for people who want to learn the ins and outs of real analog synthesis without spending a bundle, DJs looking to add some old school sonic spice to their setups, and musicians who will appreciate a great-sounding, very portable mono synth.
- Affordable, fully programmable mono synth with a 100% analog signal path.
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filter.
- Process external audio through the filter and envelopes.
- Just 7.5" x 5" (19.05 cm x 12.7 cm).
- Free editor for Mac OS and Windows. Available from SoundTower
- Monophonic analog synthesizer
- 100% analog signal path
- Two oscillators capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- Analog VCAs
- Three envelope generators (ADSR plus delay)
- Two sub-octave generators (one octave down and two octaves down)
- Feedback loop with programmable level and gain
- White noise generator
- 4 LFOs
- Gated 16 x 4 step sequencer (one sequence per program)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- Fully programmable with three banks of 128 programs (384 total)
- MIDI In, Out/Thru, and Poly Chain
- Audio input: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Left and Right audio outputs: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack
- Dimensions: approximately 7.5″ L x 5″ W x 1.4″ H (19.05 cm x 12.7 cm x 3.56 cm)
- Weight: 1.5 lb. (0.7 kg)
- Power supply for 100V – 240V AC operation and operation manual.
- Free software editor for Mac OS and Windows available from SoundTower